One Pink Toothbrush

Welcome to One Pink Toothbrush, where I will be posting moments from my days as a mum and as a wife. Funny moments, messy moments, thoughtful moments, teary moments.... and hopefully using each moment to see what God might be saying.



Sunday 6 February 2011

Refreshed

So I find myself this evening not exhausted. I'm not drinking coffee by the ladle. I don't have bags under my eyes. My top isn't filthy. My hands don't have glue on them. I'm not dressed as a superhero. I don't have Ben10 sellotaped to my back. I'm not struggling to stay awake. I haven't got paint under my finger nails. I haven't got yoghurt in my hair. I'm not licking Calpol off my fingers and neither am I talking to the husband in the manic way I sometimes do, as if he's the only adult I have ever seen, which is sometimes the reality of mumming.

And how do I find myself in this energized state? A child free weekend is how. A whole weekend without the beloved four. Instead I found myself having time with the husband and with friends, a glass of Baileys, 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep, dinner prepared by another, and more importantly time in God's presence to soak in His lavish promises for me.

How wonderful to rest in His goodness. How wonderful to rest beside quiet waters. How wonderful to be refreshed in his blessings. How wonderful to dwell upon His undeserved grace for me. How wonderful to be prayed for and encouraged. How wonderful to feel strengthened and envisioned. How wonderful to live in the joy of God's promises. But it's easy to do it in this setting. The challenge comes tomorrow morning. Will I still remember God's promises then? Or will I forget when I'm no longer feeling fresh? I need to remember He remains faithful to his promises no matter what my day looks like. I cannot live on the good of the weekend. I need to daily seek to spend time in His presence and His word, reminding myself of and living in the truth of His promises. This is the only way I will daily feel refreshed, even when I'm in the thick of it. 

"The law of the LORD is perfect,
   refreshing the soul."
                        Psalm 19v7
                

No comments:

Post a Comment