One Pink Toothbrush

Welcome to One Pink Toothbrush, where I will be posting moments from my days as a mum and as a wife. Funny moments, messy moments, thoughtful moments, teary moments.... and hopefully using each moment to see what God might be saying.



Tuesday 7 February 2012

I Can Do It By Myself

Dear God,
I am sorry for
Raising my voice at the kids
and
Sighing about the husband working late
and
Putting my needs above his
and
Using a disrespectful tone
and
Serving the family begrudgingly
and
Wishing they'd appreciate me more
and
Shouting and snapping
and
Being impatient with people
and
Putting my needs above theirs
and
Moaning and complaining
and
Not bearing any good fruit
and
Not getting up early to read your word
and
Being too busy to pray



Actually God,
Please forgive me for
Thinking I can do all the above without you
and
Do it all in my own strength
and
For being self sufficient
and
Too proud to ask you for help
and
For not reading your word
and
Not seeking your will
and
Not trusting you
and
Not spending time with you
Amen


"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace,
that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4v16

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalm 91v1




2 comments: