One Pink Toothbrush

Welcome to One Pink Toothbrush, where I will be posting moments from my days as a mum and as a wife. Funny moments, messy moments, thoughtful moments, teary moments.... and hopefully using each moment to see what God might be saying.



Saturday 11 May 2013

Pass the Bucket

So the small pink bundle is 6 months old now, and I think I've survived. Time to get back on with the every day blogging. Thanks to everyone who let me interview them for the Mothering series. (There are a couple more stories to post out). I've been so encouraged to hear how different mums draw strength from the same God. 

So where do I start back in? Well, probably best to start with a good old vomit story! We had a week of sickness; each child and parent taking a different day to develop their own version of being poorly. With a big family, a sickness bug amounts to a lot of Tupperware, a lot of Lucozade, a lot of DVD watching, a lot of duvet washing, a lot of teddy bear washing and a lot of windows regularly opened. Each child had a different approach to the bug. One cried a lot but made it to the loo in time. I'm fine with that. One was sick once and then was his normal energetic self. Mmm...not so fine. One cried a specific cry which gave me enough time to run upstairs with a Tupperware box. Again, fine with that. The baby one was only a little bit sick, but she rubbed her beautiful red hair into it. Mmm... And then there's the one who silently threw up on himself, threw up on his teddies, threw up on his bed, threw up on the floor, and then tearfully walked downstairs for help. I asked the husband to help me with this one and he walked in the room and gagged several times, which if nothing else, caused me to laugh at him.

With the backload of washing, I only got round to washing Tigger and cleaning out the lumps in the bath the next day. As I was in the bathroom, slightly heaving, opening the window and sighing, my eldest called out from his bed, "Mum, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God". (1 Corinthians 10v31)

I laughed out loud or LOL as they say. What a little legend. And of course how right he was. The Bible clearly tells us that whatever we are doing, we should do it for the glory of God. Whether it's washing Tigger, washing the bath after Tigger's visit, cleaning the Tupperware out, washing multiple duvets, Anti-Bacterialising the whole house or cleaning the carpet while the husband gags, we do it for God. It's not easy but at that moment it was a perfect reminder of why I do what I do, every day, just as a mum.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you survived the vomit joys! Enjoyed reading your mothering series - really inspiring and interesting xx

    ReplyDelete